An Evening With Mark Frost


Last night I had the pleasure of meeting Mark Frost at his book signing event in New York. It was an intimate gathering at the Barnes & Noble in Union Square and also the first stop on his book tour for The Secret History of Twin Peaks. Mark read from the book and also played clips from the audio version, before he began signing. Getting to speak with him and shake his hand was a thrill for me. I found him to be very charming, gracious and sincere. 

In addition to meeting Mark Frost, I got to meet @FrancineD @TwinPeaksUnwrap @DeerMeadowRadio and @ThatsOurWaldo. I love to talk with other fans and discuss the different ways that Twin Peaks inspires them to be creative. Everyone is expressing themselves in their medium of choice, but all unified in their devotion to Twin Peaks and I just love it! Twin Peaks fans really are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. 

As for what's inside The Secret History of Twin Peaks, well...I'm not going to tell. Every Twin Peaks fan should appreciate the value of keeping a good secret. Plus I think each fan should discover the mystery for themselves. I will say this, about half way through the book I realized that things weren't as they seemed and there was likely a deeper mystery at work within the book's pages. After that, reading it became even more fun and I began to appreciate it on a whole different level. It's really an excellent book and filled with unique historical references, controversial figures and even suggests the possibility of alien life, all of which connect to Twin Peaks. 

Below are some clips that I snagged from the event. No spoilers here, I promise. I apologize for the shaky camera work. I was distracted and people were talking to me, but I tried to capture the highlights of Mark's reading nonetheless. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recap of the Pilot & Alternate Ending

"Dick Laurent Is Dead" - Dissecting Lost Highway

Twin Peaks Returns (Part 8): A Message to the World

The Load on Toad

"This Is The Girl" - Thoughts on Mulholland Drive