Happy 25th Anniversary Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me


The darkness pressed in on her last seven days. Chose a life controlled by Bob or chose death. Two worlds. Two choices. Twenty-five years later, something is happening again, and it's all because of you, dear Laura Palmer, our chosen one. 


On August 28th, 1992 Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me was released in the United States. Twenty-five years is a long time in the span of a human life. Much will happen, change and evolve in a period of time of that length. Especially in today's modern world of technical instant everything. One thing has definitely stayed the same for me though, and that is that Fire Walk With Me is my all time favorite movie. I've seen it so many times. Many times alone, and many times with others. I've watched it at varying points in my life, and taken different things away from it every time. 

I have written before about my own personal connection to the film in a post from 2016 called, Laura Walked With Me. I also wrote a published two-part recap of The Missing Pieces for Issues 1 and 2 of The Blue Rose Magazine. Despite my wanting to rewatch this film for the 25th Anniversary, I have Twin Peaks: The Return on the brain in a big way. I see shades of Fire Walk With Me's influence and think there is more to this story. It seems that David Lynch has found a way to continually breathe new relevance to this often overlooked film. So for now, I'm going to wait until the new series is complete before doing a full recap/review of the movie. In the meantime, I wanted to celebrate this special anniversary in two ways. One by asking my talented artist friends to create some new Twin Peaks images, some of which you can now buy as a T-shirt -->here. I also took to twitter and asked my followers to share with me some of their thoughts on seeing this amazing film in 1992. Take a look below at the terrific art and comments expressed from the fan community. 


Tribute Fan Art 







Created by sisters/artists @eclecticirie and @suebgraceful



What Twitter Said


"Did you see FWWM in the theater in 1992? If so, would you share some memories with me of that experience?" 




Thanks so much for everyone who took the time to comment. Fire Walk With Me is an amazing film. I'm so happy to see it getting the much deserved love and appreciation it should receive from fans today. 


Happy 25th Anniversary!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recap of the Pilot & Alternate Ending

"Dick Laurent Is Dead" - Dissecting Lost Highway

Twin Peaks Returns (Part 8): A Message to the World

The Load on Toad

"This Is The Girl" - Thoughts on Mulholland Drive